Monday, 3 January 2011

Mmmmmmm Monday!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2011 brings you lots of love and laughter. How are you getting on with your resolutions already? Did you make some?

I didn't actually - I have some goals already in place and am already working on them so didn't feel the need to revisit just yet. One of them is losing the last of my post baby weight (as my eldest is now 8, and my youngest are 4, it really is beyond time). I'm well over halfway there but of course it's those last couple of kg that are always the hardest, right?


Fortunately in NZ it is summertime and that means copious amounts of FRUIT. I've been vegetarian for over 21 years now and seriously, there's nothing nicer than fruit - not even the chocolate I have an on-off addictive/abusive relationship with! My current favourite breakfast is fresh pineapple and frozen blueberries (for some reason I prefer them frozen to fresh) - the pineapple is the best though. Just delicious! So I'm off to go munch on some of that, then continue with the 'summer-clean' the kids and I are attempting (actually, it's more of a major declutter mission), then maybe hit the beach because it's another stunner of a day here and we have to make the most of it. And of course, I'm working on the wip - slowly, slowly, slowly this thing will be fixed!

Hope you've had a great start to the new year too!

4 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

Happy New Year!!!

My one resolution is "no chocolate". So I'll be the person hurrying past the confectionary aisle with their head down...

How are those experiments going? I'm intrigued by the lightning one. I've never come across it before, but then again I was an accident prone child and maybe the adults just liked having all their limbs :s Are you still in one piece?

Natalie Anderson said...

we lapsed on the experiments for a couple of days and hit the beach (unless making sandcastles can be called an experiment - which is kind of it ;)

The lightening is from an all about weather book - very simple - and I confess - so far a failure - LOL. You need a steel pot, rubber gloves, plastic sheet and a fork. Tape the plastic to a table, stick on your rubber gloves and vigorously rub the pot back and forth on it to charge it, then bring the fork just close to the pot and you *should* see a spark jump from the pot to the fork. V small lightening! YOu need to shut the curtains etc. I haven't managed to do it so far - don't think my pot rubbing is vigourous enough!!!!!

Joanne Coles said...

I totally hear you on the diet. I'm not great at stopping myself eating the good stuff so I am resorting to exercise (shock horror!) this year.

I tell people I'm working on my baby weight but I don't tell everyone the baby is fostered and the last one I actually gave birth to is nearly 6!!

Natalie Anderson said...

Oh Joanne - funny - I think exercise is great but I'm useless at finding the time. I'd love to swim every day but the town I live in doesn't have the greatest pool and its a drive away - they're building a new one - not soon enough for me! I walk as much as I can but so totally can't run!! So I need to eat all the fruit instead of the choccie :)
Good luck with the exercise plan!