Saturday, 4 February 2012

52 Books: 4. A Stitch in Time

I know, I'm a week behind already in posting but I will catch up shortly - promise!!!!

This week it was A Stitch in Time by Penelope Lively which I read with my eldest daughter...

Maria is always getting lost in the secret world of her imaginations. So when she begins to hear things that nobody else does, she's not sure if they are real. Then Maria finds a Vicotrian embroidered picture, and feels a strange connection with the ten-year-old girl, Harriet, who stitched it.
As Maria becomes more absorbed in Harriet's world, she fears that something tragic took place...

This was a lovely book - looking at a shy, lonely child and the summer she spends by the beach, making a new friend, discovering fossils and thinking about some of life's big questions.

It's a big weekend in the Anderson household as it's Wonderhubs and my WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! Yay!!!! Number 12 this year :) I spent some time at the beautician yesterday getting a bit of polish on as we're having a night in Wellington just the two of us which will be lovely. We're going to go to Te Papa (our national museum) to see the wedding dress exhibition that's on - Unveiled - (Wonderhubs is an amazingly patient guy and happily there are other exhibitions in the museum that he's keen to check out too - lol!). I shall report back on the exhibition next week (what romance lover doesn't love wedding dresses!!!!???)

Meanwhile, there's still time to WIN a copy of MELT over at My Book Addiction - so get on over there!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!