Monday, 18 August 2008

Wish Fulfilment

I'm up to my eyeballs at the moment in the wip and looking at a looming deadline so forgive me if things get a little haphazard round here... I've been doing some research on the posh London pad of He-Who-Has-His-Sheets-Ironed... and I'm having a ball furnishing it to perfection...

One of my ultimate fantasies is to have a private indoor lap pool - heated of course and with a pool person to come and make sure the pump and water and whatever is all working ok (I never want to see the person - I don't have a 'pool guy' fantasy at all - I'd rather it be my personal haven) - I'd just love to be able to wander down to the basement pool each morning and swim some laps in heated luxury and then have some fabulous bathroom with a fearsome shower, a warmed robe to slip into and fresh pineapple after to refresh me... then I'd just settle in for the day's writing... sigh...

I wanted to take a look at some in posh London houses so I could imagine it properly - you've gotta love Google right? And you know, if you have the money, anything is possible. Just go to
London Swimming Pools and check out their portfolio... ohhhhh yes... they even have one that converts into a Concert Hall - I'm not kidding!!!

5 comments:

Annie said...

oh my god... the lives some people must lead!! My favourite bit about this website is their disclaimer bragging about all the fabulously wealthy clients that they have but that they can't brag about for privacy reasons. That must be very frustrating for them.

And on another topic I tried to buy "Pleasured By the Secret Millionaire" off the Harlequin Australia Website and it is sold out!

Natalie Anderson said...

I KNOW Annie - honestly, when I saw that bit about 'privacy' my mind was off doing backflips - ooooh famous people and all that. Can you imagine the money? But honestly, it is so cold here at the moment I can't think of anything nicer than a lovely heated pool in a heated room.... oh it would be sheer bliss...

And thank you for telling me about Pleasured selling out on Harl/OZ! I didn't know that - what a nice way to end the day :) Did you get a copy in the end tho??!!

Aideen said...

Oh my Lord.
I can't even get my head around that kind of 'rich'. People actually live like that??? Mind boggling, to say the least.
Fresh pineapple, I like your taste. On the one nice day Ireland produced this summer hubby decided on a bbq. I'm not a huge red meat lover so he does my favourite; fresh pineapple coated in brown sugar. After about 15 mins on the bbq its crisp, sweet and totally indulgent. Yum.
And thanks for sending off your debut, I can't wait to get stuck in. Jan's post was a lot of fun.

Aideen.

Annie said...

hello! Yes I picked up a copy at the Borders downstairs from my work (its very dangerous working above a bookshop! Especially for an editor..) Anyway it is on my bedside table pile now, awaiting its turn. Its my first Modern Heat - and my first of your books so I am looking forward to it!

The sun is shining in Wellington today. Hope the temperatures a bit warmer down South as well!

Natalie Anderson said...

Oh Aideen that pineapple sounds to die for!! I loooooooooooove pineapple - makes my mouth water just thinking of it...

We did get some sunshine today Annie - WAHOOOO - feels like forever and I hear we need to make the most of it 'cos the weekend is going to fall apart again weatheriwse- still, then that's the perfect time to curl up with a book (or a laptop and a wip) right? I do hope you enjoy it!