Sunday, 20 May 2007

Yet another busy week...

Don't expect anything deep and meaningful from me at present (like you do at the best of times...) - going through one of those even-busier-than-usual phases. Actually, its not that much worse than usual its just that with the colds and a certain little miss teething there is not a lot of sleep to be had for me - I am ok if I get a 4-6 hour stretch in a row but when you're seeing every hour on the clock through the night - well then things get a little bit tricky.
I find it very difficult when I can't achieve all I'd like to achieve in a day - from parenting, to housekeeping to writing. There is always so much more I want to be able to do and do it better but I find I just can't because time is short or frankly, I am too damn tired.
Baby boy turns three one week today and so I am busy paper machie-ing (I know that's not spelt right - sorry) a pinata for him and making the take-home pressies for the friends coming to play. Talk about making a rod for my own back but I can't help it - I love the party thing and I'm not a fan of plastic tat from the two dollar store so I'm making my own tat... We're having a 'yellow' party - because all his life he's said his favourite colour is yellow and he wanted a yellow cake with yellow candles and yellow food - been saying this for the last six months. Until two days ago when he declared yellow was no longer his favouite colour....
Now his favourite is........ PINK.
Too damn late I say!!!! Having already purchased yellow paper plates, serviettes, and enough crepe paper to decorate a small town!!!

Ah well. Hubby is doing the reverse psychology thing which he is actually marvellous at so fingers crossed all will be well. So what with paper and paste and parties and stuffy noses my word count for Rhys is crawling up. I have reduced my daily target so I don't swamp and depress myself with unrealistic goals.
On the plus side I just did the 'cook for a day eat for a week' thing and now the freezer is loaded with casseroles and currys and baby food...

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Natalie, I'm doing the birthday party prep now too. It's an Ariel party at our house. Luckily it's one of my favourite movies too so I'm having lots of fun with the theme.

I have a writing related question for you. How much ..umm..s-e-x do you have in your mss? I live in Canada and can't get my hands on any Modx books but have been told that my style fits best there. I need to add in some sex, but not sure how much. I'd love to hear how much you use.

Marcy

katyr said...

VERY interested to hear the answer to the above question. (oh ok, its not in real life is it). And papier mache?? COME ON!! - give me a break (I don't have half the excuses you do & I haven't thought about creating anything!). AHHHH birthday parties! (Not my forte I'm afraid!) Take it easy.